The Massachusetts state primary election took place yesterday. Below are highlights of the winners of contested races in the 2014 primary elections.
- Governor Democratic Primary – Martha Coakley
- Governor Republican Primary – Charlie Baker
- Lieutenant Governor Democratic Primary – Stephen Kerrigan
- Attorney General Democratic Primary – Maura Healey
- Treasurer Democratic Primary – Deborah Goldberg
- US Representative Sixth District Democratic Primary – Seth Moulton
- US Representative Fifth District Democratic Primary – Katherine Clark
- US Representative Ninth District Republican Primary – John Chapman
To learn about the election results in your community and across the commonwealth, visit the elections page of the Boston Globe.
The 2014 General Election on Tuesday, November 4, is 55 days away. This is the time to remind the candidates that investing in high-quality early education and care is one of your top priorities as a voter.
- Register to vote! To cast a ballot on November 4, all Massachusetts residents must be registered to vote by October 15. Not sure how to register? Click here. To learn more about where to vote in your community, visit the secretary of state website.
- Learn about the candidates in the general election and about their education platforms. For more information, visit our election page.
- Speak up! Ask questions and engage candidates in conversation about prioritizing young children. View some sample questions to ask the candidates. Email us for help with questions specific to your community.
- Stay current. Follow early education news by joining our e-mail list and following us on Twitter @earlyed4all.