About: Irene Sege
Posts by Irene Sege:
March 7, 2013 What is a “Rigorous” Preschool Curriculum?
March 6, 2013 Professional Development Event Attracts SRO Audience
March 5, 2013 MA Governor’s Plan Would Target Child Care Wait List
March 4, 2013 More States Putting Early Education on the Agenda
March 1, 2013 In Quotes
February 27, 2013 In the News: Invest in Early Education
February 27, 2013 Heckman Makes Media Rounds on Early Education
February 26, 2013 Children’s Budget Looks at Programs Affecting MA Children
February 25, 2013 What Do “Rising Stars” Want to be When They Grow Up?
February 22, 2013 In Quotes
- Eye on Early Education focuses on the twin goals of ensuring that Massachusetts children have access to high-quality early education and become proficient readers by the end of third grade.
- THE BLOGGER
Alyssa Haywoode comes to Eye on Early Education after a career in journalism that included writing editorials for the Des Moines Register and Boston Globe. She has written about education, human services, immigration, homelessness, philanthropy and the arts.
National Association for the Education of Young Children accredited centers and preschools.
Contact your local school department about public pre-k and kindergarten programs.
- Achievement gap
- Business and economy
- Cognitive development
- College/career readiness
- Cost and affordability
- Dept. of Early Education and Care
- Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Developmentally appropriate practice
- Early educators
- Early Learning Challenge
- English language learners
- Family child care
- Family engagement
- Full-day kindergarten
- Head Start
- Infants and toddlers
- Language development
- MA governor
- MA Legislature
- MA state budget
- Pre-K to 3
- Professional development & preparation
- Reading proficiency
- Science & math
- Social-emotional development
- Standards and curriculum
- Strategies for Children
- CONTACT US
Strategies for Children, Inc.
400 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02110